Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian-Gaff Brian-Gaff is offline

Default OT End of the world is nigh!

There are enough freelance watchers around to make keeping it secret a bit
hard.
however, we do have some mitigation ideas if it is actually coming here.
If its found more than a couple of months away, then it could be done with
nukes, but any closer and the debris, now radioactive might be a big
problem. You could as a person wrote recently, pant one side black and the
other white, and over about three years it would move due to the suns light
re radiating. Not sure I'd trust that one myself, what if its spinning?

One of the stated aims of sending men to a captured asteroid is to try
various methods of defendinthe earth against space rocks, but sods law might
dictate that we get hit before they start playing with a rock.

Myself, I'd trust the nukes, after all, better to have a load of small
radioactive rocks than one bloody great one that could destroy everything.
brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"harryagain" wrote in message
Well almost.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature...xtinction-NASA
Keeps the proles amused.

If it was gonna hit us, I feel sure it would be kept secret so the
politicians could retire to their nuclear bunkers.