Jerry Greenberg

Default problems getting cable channels on a sony tv

You did not supply the model number.

Depending on the era of the set, it may be at the maximum channel
range of its design. Some of the older sets only went to channel 22,
and later to 36, 44, 86, and now most to 125 for cable.

If you want the extended channels and your set cannot receive them,
you can use a newer model of VCR as a tuner, or get a cable TV
converter.

If your set is a model of set that is new enough to allow the higher
channels, check to see that the user setup for the tuner is in the
proper mode, and the channels are programed to be allowed to scan that
high. If this is okay, and the specs of the set comply, it is
possible that there is a failure in the tuner. At this point you will
have to have the set serviced.

Jerry Greenberg
http://www.zoom-one.com

--

"hoss" wrote in message ...
I have a sony trintiron 13'' TV. unfortunately I don't know the year. for
some reason I can't get any channel above 47 on it while about 100 channels
are available when another TV is connected to the same cable. in addition
the problem still remaines when the problematic sony is connected to
anyother cable. Of course I've tried reprogramming the TV but that doesn't
work. it doesn't even receive the higher channels when they are specifically
typed into the remote, just static.

I wonder if anyone has any advice on what the problem may be and how to fix
it aside from getting a new TV.

Thank you very much,
Adam