Jerry Greenberg

Default European Phones and US phones

If you send him a cordless phone, it must be able to work on the 220
Volt mains and have the proper electical plug to connect to the
electrical power. In some areas, the phone jacks are also different.
If you call the telephone company where he is located, they can answer
this for you.

You would be best off to let him buy the phone where he is, and when
he comes back home he can give it away to a friend that is staying
over there.

This would be the best value, and he would be gauranteed that it will
work.

Jerry Greenberg

--

Elmer Bataitis wrote in message ...
My stepson lives in Germany and I almost bought him a wireless phone for
a few bucks. But just before I went to spend the money realized that the
phone wiring systems may differ. Does anyone know or have a refernce to
what is the Euro phone jack (size and specs) and what are the values on
the lines?

Elmer Bataitis "Hot dog! Smooch city here I come!"
Planetech Services -Hobbes
585-442-2884
"Proudly wearing and displaying, as a badge of honor,
the straight jacket of conventional thought." - C.
Cagle