Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default OT; Education

In message , Tim Watts
writes
On 09/05/2015 15:37, Tim Watts wrote:
On 09/05/15 13:05, Fredxxx wrote:
On 09/05/2015 11:10, Tim Watts wrote:

Not saying my grasp of grammar & punctuation is 100% perfect.

My spelling is terrible but I do know the general form of the word that
I am trying to type.

Which prompts the question; just how bad is our education system?

Very, judging by some of the Facebook posts I see.

I think that says more about who uses facebook.

Cute - but a little snobby.

Round my way, FB is used as the defacto local forum and everyone from
the councillors to old retired dudes are on it.

Apparently kids have stopped using FB because so many adults use it and
it's not private or cool enough.

I have heard that - but I'm not totally convinced.

Well, they certainly haven't stopped using it amongst my daughters
friends. Having a teenage daughter, pretty much all her friends are on
it, and use it quite a bit - (I'm aware of only a couple of teenagers
who aren't), and Facebook Messenger is one of their standard ways of
communicating one to one

They might use other things as well, Whatsapp, Snapchat, whatever, but
Facebook still seems to be an important means of communication for them.
There isn't really an alternative that provides the sort of
communication it offers.

--
Chris French