Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; Education

On 09/05/15 16:22, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Tim Watts
wrote:

On 09/05/15 13:05, Fredxxx wrote:
On 09/05/2015 11:10, Tim Watts wrote:

Not saying my grasp of grammar & punctuation is 100% perfect.

My spelling is terrible but I do know the general form of the word that
I am trying to type.

Which prompts the question; just how bad is our education system?

Very, judging by some of the Facebook posts I see.

I think that says more about who uses facebook.

Cute - but a little snobby.

Round my way, FB is used as the defacto local forum and everyone from
the councillors to old retired dudes are on it.

Even though the Facebook Ts&Cs mean they own you.

Quite frankly for that sort of group, no one gives a sh*t. Anything
posted there is as good as public domain and FB provide a useful product
- I do not begrudge them making money somehow.

For those times you really care, you set up your own forum.

For everything else, there's FB - and without FB, we might not have a
local forum, so it's to the good.