Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard[_10_] Richard[_10_] is offline

Default OT; Education

"Phil L" wrote in message ...

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Got an e-mail headed;

'work need done'

The message was;

'hi david i ask how much will cost to plastic a bedroom as they only 3
walls need plastic as how much would it cost as you can get hold me on
xxxx xxxxxx.'

I replied;

Hi
'I guess you mean plaster?
In which case I'm sorry but I can't help, I don't do plastering.'

The reply came back;

'ok thank you of update if i don't ask i done know'

His first name & surname were very common English names, so I assume
English is his first language, although I might be wrong.

SWMBO works in social services and commented that they get many similarly
poor communications.

Not saying my grasp of grammar & punctuation is 100% perfect.

Which prompts the question; just how bad is our education system?

**** poor is the answer, most kids can't even do simple maths, I'm in a
darts team and virtually no one under 30 can mark the board - they can't
knock 60 off 140 without asking for help, and if a treble seventeen gets
hit, they're ****ed.

What's the reward for treble twenty?