Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Water and human proof bell push needed

On Sat, 09 May 2015 00:43:15 +0000, Johnny B Good wrote:

On Thu, 07 May 2015 22:34:23 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

On Thu, 07 May 2015 22:14:55 +0100, Brian-Gaff wrote:

So we need gold plated wiping contacts inside a hermetically sealed
butyl flexible pod which is then placed inside a normal looking push.
Or even more overkill I guess, a long bit of string to pull which
operates
a switch inside the house instead!

At one point, I was considering a string operated doorbell (as with
servants' bells).

Why not? with modern low stretch cordage, you can even include an
intercom function based on the tin cans with length of string principle.
:-)

I just noticed the two bells on the floor in the corner of this room! It
was getting two bells to work at a distance without requiring a power
assusted cord that defeated me..

I must find a use for them now that the telephone system provides the
door bells. Or perhaps one of them can be a feedback repeater by the
front door.