Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_5_] Graham.[_5_] is offline

Default Radiator valves wrong way round?

On Fri, 8 May 2015 19:39:27 +0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
wrote:

Hi all,

I'm putting in yet another radiator, but in this instance have been
unable to ascertain which pipes emerging from a wall are which. Given the
physical surroundings it's not possible to trace them back.
The rad I'm connecting up will have a plain valve at one side and a
thermostatic one on the other. I'm resigned to connecting it up both ways
in turn and seeing which works better. Is there a more scientific method,
though, and if not, how much difference in temp should I expect between
right way and wrong way?

cheers,
cd.

Infra-read thermometer, failing that feel the pipes with your fingers
after turning on the rad, the flow pipe will get warm before the
return.
I think you can put a TRV on the return side without serious effects

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%