Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flashband

In article o.uk,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
Even though I'm not a plumber I'd still try and use use lead, at
least for ordinary flashing or around a chimney. I might have a go at
trying to join bits with heat or forming a large sheet into a 3D
shape, just to see if I could do it.

I've done a fair bit of lead work here - and as well as being great fun
isn't too difficult to learn as it's a very forgiving material. If only it
wasn't so expensive.

Generally, all joints tend to have to be lapped types to allow for
expansion, when used outside. Something like every metre.

--
*Time is what keeps everything from happening at once.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.