Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default #*?#@?!! health and bloody safety

On Thursday, 7 May 2015 21:56:32 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
On 07/05/2015 21:35, nt wrote:
On Thursday, 7 May 2015 21:21:31 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
On 07/05/2015 21:05, GB wrote:
On 07/05/2015 20:23, Nightjar cpb@ wrote:

I can be sure that no child is ever likely to enter my house while I am
alive.

dare i ask

Entirely a matter of the age of my likely visitors. I suppose that,
technically, if my partner's son visited and bought his son with him,
there could be a child in the house. However, at 17, I would expect him
not accidentally to hang himself on the roller blind loop.

I knew someone that died this way at 16. He was pratting about exiting through the window, maybe trying to imitate a 70s cop series. I was never clear how he ended up being strangled by the cord, but he was.

Surely, what is needed is a breakaway version that works correctly. That
can't be impossible to design.

Probably is, as the two requirements seem to be mutually exclusive.
However, a version that can be converted from one to the other quickly
and easily ought to be possible.

use 2 tails rather than 1 loop, problem solved

It would, however, create another problem - that of very long tails
lying around on the floor and, no doubt, creating a trip hazard.

Last one I saw used a smaller plastic pulley for the tails than the blind, nothing ever need reach the floor.

NT