Posted to uk.d-i-y
F Murtz F Murtz is offline

Default #*?#@?!! health and bloody safety

Tim Watts wrote:
Seen it all now...

Just bought a couple of made to measure roller blinds on the internet
and very nice they are too.

Except for one thing.

Heavy metal ball chain (no 10 gauge, aka 4.5mm balls) - good.
Ball chain connectors - special "breakaway" safety type because
apparently, somewhere, some numpty has hanged themselves on a roller blind.

Guess what - they breakaway when you roll the blind up (but are OK down).

Anyway - ebay to the rescue for some proper connectors:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290968897608
Top right - yes I know, 80p each - but what can you do??

And for anyone who does not know what I am talking about, this is the
crap useless item:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/k/261159298233

If I vote UKIP tonight, will they put a stop to this nonsense? Enquiring
minds want to know... ;-

Elf and safety? may be you should make helmets mandatory to use a ladder.
http://tinyurl.com/luwlzpr