Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flashband

On 08/05/15 07:45, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Can Flashband type products be used on new build projects in place of Lead ?
......is 15 years life long enough? ......

Don't be a cheapskate on a new build - lead does not cost *that* much.

I've used flashband to repair a crack on the corner of a small leaded
flat bay - I was going to solder it but realised the lead was sitting on
some sort of flammable underlay sheet.

In short, it's good stuff if you don't have a lot of other options. If
you do have options, always choose the best one for weatherproofing.