Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian-Gaff Brian-Gaff is offline

Default Water and human proof bell push needed

Sounds a bit like overkill to me. What would be the point of having an
actual phone? it would need to be a speaker phone, nobody would be daft
enough to put a handset exposed to the elements and vandals.
The locals a bit the wose for alcohol tend to use my garden globe lights as
footballs sometimes.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
On 2015-05-07, Bob Eager wrote:

What I'd like is a reasonably priced external door phone. One that is a
'normally wired' phone , but will dial a preset number when the button is
pressed, and has a grille for mic and speaker (i.e. just a box). They all
seem to be really stupid prices.

Sounds like an ideal application for a RasPi.

--
Today is Boomtime, the 54th day of Discord in the YOLD 3181
I don't have an attitude problem.