Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Wind turbines a complete waste of money

"Nightjar.me.uk" "cpb"@ insert my surname here wrote in message
On 06/05/2015 23:40, Rod Speed wrote:
Nightjar.me.uk" "cpb"@ insert my surname here wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Nightjar.me.uk" "cpb"@ insert my surname here wrote

I suspect that an integral fire fighting system would have been of
more use to the two Dutch engineers.

But a lot more expensive than a fire proof rope.

That was the point of my suggestion that wind generators should be
subject to more regulation - price them out of the market.

I'm not convinced it would do that. The cost of an integrated
fire system would be a pretty small part of the total cost.

It's a start.

I've never bought this it’s a start line with stuff like this.

I'm sure that a thorough investigation of all the potential risks could
produce a lot more regulations. For example, enclosing the blades in a
cage to contain them if they break up or fall off.

That is never going to get up. Same with aircraft.