Posted to uk.d-i-y
Muddymike[_2_] Muddymike[_2_] is offline

Default Water and human proof bell push needed

On 07/05/2015 10:16, Rod Speed wrote:

"Nightjar.me.uk" "cpb"@ insert my surname here wrote in message

I think it is an inherent property of bell pushes that the fail
quickly. I once built one using an industrial vandal resistant and
water proof push switch, which worked fine for years on machinery. As
a bell push, inside a porch, it stopped working after about two years.

I just don’t believe that its not possible to do one that will last for
decades.

That's what I thought too. I can build control systems for three phase
machinery that survive ham-fisted apprentices and streams of coolant. How
difficult could a bell push be?

My home has a brass bell push that was here when we first viewed the house
over 12 years ago, it looked old then but still works. Only problem is some
callers insist on hammering on the door after pressing the bell as it can't
be heard from outside.

Mike