Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Water and human proof bell push needed

On 07/05/2015 10:16, Rod Speed wrote:

"Nightjar.me.uk" "cpb"@ insert my surname here wrote in message

I think it is an inherent property of bell pushes that the fail
quickly. I once built one using an industrial vandal resistant and
water proof push switch, which worked fine for years on machinery. As
a bell push, inside a porch, it stopped working after about two years.

I just don’t believe that its not possible to do one that will last for
decades.

That's what I thought too. I can build control systems for three phase
machinery that survive ham-fisted apprentices and streams of coolant.
How difficult could a bell push be?

--
Colin Bignell