Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Water and human proof bell push needed

On Thu, 07 May 2015 12:22:59 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 07/05/2015 11:42, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Bod formulated the question :
Yes, but the standard plasticky ones *all* seem to be not waterproof.
I know, I've probably had about 6 or 7 go wrong in the last 10 years
or so. We've even got a canopy over our door.

Weather-proofing is not I think the main issue - It is over
enthusiastic button pushers. If they push the button and get no noise
as feedback, they tend to try again and push even harder.

There's that to it as well.

I was wondering about a small speaker above the door. On pressing the
button, the bells would sound in the house, but outside, a voice would
intone "The bell has been activated".