Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_5_] bert[_5_] is offline

Default Wind turbines a complete waste of money

In article , harryagain
writes

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 6 May 2015 03:06:07 UTC+1, Denis McMahon wrote:
On Tue, 05 May 2015 23:16:59 +0100, Nightjar "cpb"@ wrote:

On 05/05/2015 22:24, Denis McMahon wrote:
On Tue, 05 May 2015 21:34:18 +0100, Jonno wrote:

Denis McMahon scribbled

On Tue, 05 May 2015 16:38:43 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

and dangerous.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsWPnpZLiLs

I'd find that alleged[1] 2013 incident more believable if I could
find a single mainstream media or industry report for it. Having
failed to verify the first story in the video, I didn't bother going
any further with it.

[1] Alleged because all the reports I can find for it seem to be
based in social media, groups with an anti wind energy bias, or
pseudo-news generators.

http://renews.biz/52979/two-dead-aft...-turbine-fire/

Looks like an industry interest.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/1q0sca/
last_week_two_engineers_die
d_when_the_windmill/

Social media.

BBC News? Telegraph? Guardian?

No particular reason why they would cover an industrial accident
abroad.

Mainstream Netherlands Media? ....

I don't read Dutch, but it is on an English language Dutch news site:

http://www.nltimes.nl/2013/10/30/dea...-wind-turbine-
ooltgensplaat/

Yes, that's the pseudo news generator I was talking about. Click their
"about" link. They have a total staff of 4.

They may not be a spoof site, but they're not mainstream news. They do
seem to be the source quoted for some other media organisations, eg a
local county paper somewhere in the USA quoted them.

This rather graphic image of people having to choose between jumping to
almost certain death or being burned alive is the sort of thing that rags
such as the mirror, mail, sun, star, even daily express these days seem
to thrive on, and yet none of them picked it up.

I'm not saying it didn't happen (at the moment), I'm saying I'm very
sceptical about the reports I've seen so far.

The strange thing is that the fire just happened when they were present.
Also they didn't notice 'til it was too late.
And the built in fire extiguishers didn't work.

Looks to me like they done something stupid.

Like the people at Chernobyl then.
Pilot Error strikes again.
--
bert