Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default Water and human proof bell push needed

On 07/05/2015 11:07, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Bod explained on 07/05/2015 :
removed.
Most bell pushes seem to still be of this type. I had no idea of the
stringent needs of a bell push in this environment before, so
wondered if
anyone else had any bright ideas?
Brian

I seem to recall those old type of bell pushes that seemed to always
work come rain or shine. I mean the white coloured ceramic buttons
encased in brass, that you used to see outside old buildings.
I don't know if they are still available or not.

Try this for a traditional bell that always works and has big chunky
batteries

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151251036496

Thanks for the link, but even that bell push looks like the standard
rubbishy ones (I could well be wrong though).
Have you any experience of this one, by any chance?

You are correct, they are just the standard rubbishy ones. I suppose you
could entirely fill the push with silicon grease, to help exclude the
water?

Yebbut, we should expect an external doorbell to be waterproof.
I don't think that is asking too much.