Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Saving a fortune.....

In article ,
critcher wrote:
You can have a condensing boiler with stored hot water too. Best of both
worlds, since for most it's heating the house which is the major cost, not
hot water. And, of course, a non combi is likely to cost less in repairs.

had a repair chap in the other day to change 3 way valve and actuator.
He reckons I could save £200 pa on my gas bill by changing to a combi
boiler.

What was the saying? He would, wouldn't he?

The chances of a repair man knowing exactly how much hot water you use and
how is near zero. The chances of a repair man trying to sell you new gear
you don't need rather much higher.

My system is a condensing Vaillant boiler with hot water provided by hot
water storage cylinder.

Don't like the pressurised systems, seems to many problems highlighted
on here.

Not had any problems with mine. You might find it difficult to find one
which isn't these days.

--
*Ham and Eggs: Just a day's work for a chicken, but a lifetime commitment

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.