Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Washing machine in my bathroom ....

On 06/05/15 21:25, Brian Reay wrote:
On 06/05/15 21:08, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , Tim Watts
escribió:

Ironically that is actually worse because it means that someone will
come in and see a socket and plug in a hairdryer next to the shower.

They'd have to: a) pull the machine out first and b) work out how to
undo the front of the weatherproof socket, both of which your average
female wielding a hairdryer is unlikely to do IMO.

Anyway, it's my house and I'll do what I bleeding well like

While not suggesting sockets in the bathroom etc. are a good idea (and
certainly not condoning breaking UK regs), other countries permit them.
Perhaps they have some special wiring arrangement (isolation etc.) but
they are certainly there.

Plus, of course, even in the UK, hotels and the like often have hair
dryers in the bathrooms, all be they fixed wired ones. How those are
wired to comply would be interesting to know. It could be a transformer
I suppose, which is how electric shaver and tooth brush points work,
they are of course much lower power.

You could legally stick a schuko in and wire it to the German VDE100 regs.