Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Washing machine in my bathroom ....

On 06/05/15 20:30, Fredxxx wrote:
On 06/05/2015 19:22, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , Jim GM4DHJ ...
escribió:

Can I install a power outlet and a washing machine in my large
bathroom ?

The guy refurbishing my bathroom threw his hands up in horror when I
said I wanted the washing machine in there. It's not a problem on the
Continent, so I don't see why it should be here. The redesign of the
room left a space next to the (glazed, screened) shower which was the
perfect size.

We compromised in the end - I agreed to pay for a weatherproof external
socket in the bathroom and dedicated RCD in the consumer unit to be
fitted for the machine.

I thought that you still needed a fused outlet. I'm not sure if the
installation with a socket conforms to 17th ed.

--
:: je suis Dieudonne :: ik ben Toben

It does not unless it is 3m from the edge of zone 2 or a shaver socket.