Posted to uk.d-i-y
critcher[_4_] critcher[_4_] is offline

Default Saving a fortune.....

In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
One year now since I fitted the instantaneous condensing
boiler.....unbelievable savings on the gas bill...never liked
instantaneous boilers before but they certainly seen to be quite good
these days...anybody else saving lots? ....only downside is the heavy
plume is setting off my security light! .....

You can have a condensing boiler with stored hot water too. Best of both
worlds, since for most it's heating the house which is the major cost, not
hot water. And, of course, a non combi is likely to cost less in repairs.

had a repair chap in the other day to change 3 way valve and actuator.
He reckons I could save £200 pa on my gas bill by changing to a combi
boiler.
My system is a condensing Vaillant boiler with hot water provided by hot
water storage cylinder.
Don't like the pressurised systems, seems to many problems highlighted
on here.

---