Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Help with excel formula

On 06/05/2015 19:09, stuart noble wrote:
On 06/05/2015 15:44, ss wrote:
I know wrong newsgroup but trying to get something I can understand So
hoping one of you guys understands excel formulas.
Using this formula:
=AVERAGEIF(C3:AL3,"%",C18:AL18)

What thats doing for me is giving me the number of cells that have a
number in them under the column heading % and that works fine.

Problem is if the cells in C18:AL18 are zero it picks up the zero and
counts that in as well. Even if I change the cells to dont show a zero
show a blank it is effectively still there.

Can anyone help to adjust the formula for me.
This is the answer in english but how the heck do I do it.
".....If you use formulas to calculate the percentage column, return a
blank instead of a zero to have it ignored in the average...."

So this needs to change:
=IFERROR(G18/F18*(100),"")

The Excel newsgroups were always my first port of call. Not in the least
nerdy

microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm sure you'll get an elegant solution there ....if the group still exists

I used that a lot in the past but pretty dead these days.