Posted to uk.d-i-y
Charlie[_13_] Charlie[_13_] is offline

Default Saving a fortune.....

On Wed, 06 May 2015 14:50:06 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

One year now since I fitted the instantaneous condensing
boiler.....unbelievable savings on the gas bill...never liked
instantaneous boilers before but they certainly seen to be quite good
these days...anybody else saving lots? ....only downside is the heavy
plume is setting off my security light! .....

Yup, we have one and our monthly energy (gas and electricity) DD is £47,
this is using electricity for cooking, mini-dishwasher, washing machine,
tumble drier in winter. Two bedroomed late Victorian terraced house with
good double glazing.

We use a small table top oven for baking and low energy lamps and tend to
keep the heating below 21 C in winter. Heating went off about 2 weeks ago
but we are in the nasty South :-).

Charlie.

--
Aspersions don't float.