Posted to uk.d-i-y
J[_10_] J[_10_] is offline

Default Wiring a medium sized fitted hob & a low powered fitted single oven

replying to tabbypurr , J wrote:
tabbypurr wrote:

cooker on 13A plug
cooker on FCU
Yup, its one of those essential questions in life. How do I divide my

estate
between the kids, is doing this worth the risk, do I risk a change in
career, will I survive this medical ----, and shall I use a fuse or an mcb
for the cooker?
A fuse is easier. But seriously, what on earth.
NT

Not sure what your point is tabbypurr? some single cookers below 2kW come
with plugs and a 13A fused plug, if a single cooker is below 2kW it can be
plugged into a 45A cooker control unit that has a 13A socket just like a
2kW electric kettle, or hard wired via a 13A fused spur.
Take a look at this Indesit cooker supplied with a 13A fused plug for
example:
http://www.very.co.uk/indesit-fim31k.../928854999.prd