Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Wind turbines a complete waste of money

On 06/05/2015 09:35, Bod wrote:

An absailing rope and a point to hook it onto, might be handy for the
future or even just a rope. At least it would give them a chance of
descending relatively safely.

A rope might burn through. I think I'd prefer a parachute if the tower
were high enough.

From my parachuting days, I seem to remember that the minimum height
for a chute to open is about 500ft and that's assuming that the chute
opens perfectly, which is not always the case.

Base jumpers do it a lot lower than that.

How much lower, what is the minimum height?

It seems that one did it from the Whispering Gallery in St Paul's
Cathedral. Having said that, most seem to agree that 500ft is the
minimum safe height.

--
Colin Bignell