Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wind turbines a complete waste of money

On 05/05/15 21:34, Jonno wrote:
Denis McMahon scribbled

On Tue, 05 May 2015 16:38:43 +0100, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

and dangerous.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsWPnpZLiLs

I'd find that alleged[1] 2013 incident more believable if I could find a
single mainstream media or industry report for it. Having failed to
verify the first story in the video, I didn't bother going any further
with it.

[1] Alleged because all the reports I can find for it seem to be based in
social media, groups with an anti wind energy bias, or pseudo-news
generators.

I found it. Try harder.

http://renews.biz/52979/two-dead-aft...-turbine-fire/

http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comment..._engineers_die
d_when_the_windmill/

Yep. its very strange - I saw in a local paper some years ago that a man
had been killed at Felixstowe docks when a wind turbine blade being
unloaded fell on him.

Never been able to find it online since.