Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Wind turbines a complete waste of money

On 06/05/2015 03:05, Denis McMahon wrote:
On Tue, 05 May 2015 23:16:59 +0100, Nightjar "cpb"@ wrote:

I don't read Dutch, but it is on an English language Dutch news site:

http://www.nltimes.nl/2013/10/30/dea...-wind-turbine-

ooltgensplaat/

Yes, that's the pseudo news generator I was talking about. Click their
"about" link. They have a total staff of 4.

That is fairly common for foreign language news sources. They don't have
reporters, merely translators who take news stories from other media.

They may not be a spoof site, but they're not mainstream news. They do
seem to be the source quoted for some other media organisations, eg a
local county paper somewhere in the USA quoted them.

This rather graphic image of people having to choose between jumping to
almost certain death or being burned alive is the sort of thing that rags
such as the mirror, mail, sun, star, even daily express these days seem
to thrive on, and yet none of them picked it up.

It would be unusual if one picked it up and not the others, as that sort
of story would come through a news agency, not from their own reporters,
so it would probably be more accurate to say that Reuters didn't pick up
on it.

I'm not saying it didn't happen (at the moment), I'm saying I'm very
sceptical about the reports I've seen so far.

The video looks real enough. What is your problem with it? Deaths among
people working on wind turbines are common enough to give them a death
rate of 0.15 per TWh.

--
Colin Bignell