Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian-Gaff Brian-Gaff is offline

Default Wind turbines a complete waste of money

Not a complete waste of time as everything wears out. However I do think all
renewables are based on calculations which cannot be substantiated. IE
climate and wind in particular are pretty transient things to base a whole
industry on. I am reminded of the speed that old sailing clippers were
replaced by steam power once it became an option, as the wind was fickle and
it meant many ports had to have reliable trade winds nearby.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Bod" wrote in message
We've all been spun bull**** about how efficient they are.

The payback time is probably somewhere over a 100 years.
They need to be renewed about every 20 to 30 years and many cost over a
Hundred grand each.
--
Bod