Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default Washing machine in my bathroom ....

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
Ramsman wrote in :

On 05/05/2015 06:40, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Can I install a power outlet and a washing machine in my large
bathroom ? .......

Irrelevant in this instance, but this was (still is?) standard
practice in the Netherlands, where bathrooms are often constructed as
wet rooms. All very well, but I feel sorry for the poor people who
have to carry a washing machine up steep stairs that turn 180 degrees
from the ground to the first floor.

It struck me as odd when I first saw a washer in a bathroom in a rented
holiday let. Now it seems more odd to have one in a kitchen. Why would you
want to take your undies into the kitchen????
Ok if you have a utility room though! Pity we don't have American type
basements.

American style basements bring a range of their own problems.
But American house construction is the most incredible ****.
No wonder so many blow away.