Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Fixing a rad to thin air

On 05/05/2015 20:02, Eednud wrote:
On 05/05/2015 19:49, Cursitor Doom wrote:
Gentlemen,

I slightly exaggerate, but not by much.
I have to hang a rad to that lino-esque stuff you find more and more used
in bathrooms these days. I *think* it's called panelboard. Anyway, it's
about 12mm thick ply with a waterproof decorative veneer on top; comes in
large sheets you just stick to the walls with qik-grab-goo IIRC.
Anyway, where I have to fix this rad, there's no actual wall of any
description behind the mounting points, so this panelling will have to
bear the weight by itself. Fortunately this isn't a big or heavy rad
(only around 20lb I would guess).
What sort of fixings would be best to use for this job?

cheers,
cd.

Toggle screws

Just ordinary chipboard screws should be fine in 12mm ply. Or, yes,
toggle bolts.