Michael McNeil

Default newbie: plastering.

(Rich) wrote in message . com...

How do you fireproof plasterboard then?

You use the bonding to create firewalls.

I agree that sometimes it is best just to pay someone to do it but
this is a DIY group. The other aspect is that you might want to have a
go at doing a bit of plastering! In which case this would be an ideal
time!

In which case he should do the whole job. If it goes pear shaped he
can take it all down and let the pro's do it.

Put the firewalls where the use of fixtures is most likely and you
should be all right with dado and pictures etc. It's not a skilled job
but does require a lot of nous.

Shelving isn't really a good idea but it can be done with those snails
or toggles. I would use Grip Fill as well.