Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jonno[_2_] Jonno[_2_] is offline

Default Washing machine in my bathroom ....

DerbyBorn scribbled

Ramsman wrote in :

On 05/05/2015 06:40, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Can I install a power outlet and a washing machine in my large
bathroom ? .......

Irrelevant in this instance, but this was (still is?) standard
practice in the Netherlands, where bathrooms are often constructed as
wet rooms. All very well, but I feel sorry for the poor people who
have to carry a washing machine up steep stairs that turn 180 degrees
from the ground to the first floor.

It struck me as odd when I first saw a washer in a bathroom in a rented
holiday let. Now it seems more odd to have one in a kitchen. Why would you
want to take your undies into the kitchen????
Ok if you have a utility room though! Pity we don't have American type
basements.

There are plenty of houses with basements in London. They're mostly used
for swimming pools and home cinemas. And upsetting the neighbours.