Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default OTish; Laptops

In message , Bod
writes
I remember in a previous life trying out Beos, but can't recall what it
was like. I vaguely remember it being sort of like Windows.
I seem to remember being impressed with it though.
You'll have to remind me what it was like please.

Https://www.haiku-os.org/docs/userguide/en/gui.html

or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBq56Ovx38I

will give an impression.

Haiku is for all intents and purposes, Beos, and seems to have nightly
builds, but the last official release was in, I think, 2012. That's what
I'm playing with, and it is still very nearly an attractive OS.

I got quite a long way into Beos years ago, but ran out of time and gave
up because I never managed to get the local networking going.

I still can't, but haven't spent much time on it.
--
Bill