Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default OT - none of the above

In message , Davey
writes
On Sun, 3 May 2015 15:26:01 +0100
Chris French wrote:

.. which means the SNP might have an effective dominance over
England. Not good, nor fair.

Will depend on what coalition is formed. But coalitions tend to give
the smaller party(ies) greater influence than their size might
suggest cos the bigger party needs to keep them sweet.

The Labour Party veers wildly between "No deal with the SNP" to "We'll
deal with them on an ad hoc basis", giving me no confidence whatsoever.

Until the results are in we don't know what coalitions will be formed,
so I'd ignore what any party says. If they need to do a deal they will.

Though most ISTM likely outcome will be another referendum sooner
rather than later, with a yes vote more likely

Just like the EU, keep asking until you get the right answer. Surely NO
meant NO?

shrug It's called politics, 2, 5, 20 years, sooner or later the issue
was going to come up again.

At the time the referendum was setup, I don't think people saw the SNP
getting the results they are predicted. It probably won't mean a
referendum in the short term - further devolution probably, but it
surely must put tensions onto the whole political structure. We will see
a resurgence of the whole 'english votes for english laws' debate as
well I imagine

BTW, what does the SNP have against Trident? What would they replace it
with, William Wallace?

There is an argument about whether Trident should be replaced at all.

--
Chris French