Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT-ish: "Powerwall" - will change the way the world uses energy

On 03/05/15 13:38, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 03 May 2015 11:26:24 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Take away the subsidies and let them prove their economic case.

You know they gave no economic case.

So why are we building the damn things? Hasn't the mantra for quite a
while being "let the market decide"?

No. The mantra has been 'throw other peoples money at our useless
technology' for 10 years now.

There is no electricity market as such, its ALL subsidised and those
that shout loudest (greens) get the most money.

Its optimised for profit and ideology not for cost effective solutions.