Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default OTish; Laptops

In just the five or so years that I have been using Linux, I have seen a
huge improvement in the way it recognises stuff, including the inbuilt
NVIDIA card in the PC. It's all getting better and better.

+1

The worst thing about windows is the updating, which bloats the OS and
eventually slows the machine to a crawl. Then you need to spend money
upgrading RAM. A mug's game.

Fer Christ sakes!, WIN 7 can only use 4 G of RAM and thats sod all these
days.

This WIN machine updates no and again and its very fast mainly because
of a solid state drive.

But using spinning rust it was no slouch before either...
--
Tony Sayer