Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxxx Fredxxx is offline

Default me tap shanks are too short ??!!

On 03/05/2015 06:35, JimK wrote:
/As others have said, some form of counterboring should be OK. You might
want to do the counterboring first before drilling the rest of the hole,
or is it now too late? :-( /q

Got it in one Fred..... these are replacements, the worktops are well and truly fitted and any sort of counterbore is not going to be simple wrt access and the adjacent Belfast sink...

I've seen extenders, but how does one get the tap securing back nuts to do their job when the same bit of thread they would use is now taken by the extender?? Grrr

Any other ideas?

Well, er yes this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-Bra.../dp/B006K7OGZW

Ideal until you faint at the price!