Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default OT-ish: "Powerwall" - will change the way the world uses energy

In article , harryagain
wrote:

"charles" wrote in message
In article , Chris French
wrote:
In message , Davey
writes
On Sat, 2 May 2015 14:26:07 +0100 Chris French
wrote:

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes

. Great if you wish to leave it at the airport when going off on
holiday.

If electric vehicle use increases (and I think it will) then it
will be come normal to have parking spaces with a charge point - as
you already find in quite a few places

When stopped at a service area in Germany in March, I noticed an area
specifically designated for electric cars that needed recharging.
Each parking spot had a chargepoint provided. Recharge the car, go
get a meal, recharge yourself.

There are some at the local Park and Ride stop. And I've seen them
around in a few other car parks and other places.

I saw one last weekend at a services on the M1. It could cope witn 2
cars at once. There seemed to be two different connectors, on single
phase and one 3 phase.

Nah. One is AC mains (up to) 30amp.

believe it or not 3 phase is also AC mains.

What you mean is single phase (domestic) AC mains

--
From KT24 in Surrey

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18