Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT-ish: "Powerwall" - will change the way the world uses energy

"harryagain" wrote in message

"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
Chris French wrote:
In message , Davey
writes
On Sat, 2 May 2015 14:26:07 +0100
Chris French wrote:

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes

. Great if you wish to leave it at
the airport when going off on holiday.

If electric vehicle use increases (and I think it will) then it will
be come normal to have parking spaces with a charge point - as you
already find in quite a few places

When stopped at a service area in Germany in March, I noticed an area
specifically designated for electric cars that needed recharging. Each
parking spot had a chargepoint provided. Recharge the car, go get a
meal, recharge yourself.

There are some at the local Park and Ride stop. And I've seen them
around in a few other car parks and other places.

I saw one last weekend at a services on the M1. It could cope witn 2 cars
at once. There seemed to be two different connectors, on single phase
and
one 3 phase.

Nah.
One is AC mains (up to) 30amp. and one is DC.
Uses the on-board rectifier for AC charging

The DC is fast charge, around 60Kw.
Charges a car in 20/30 mins to 80%
Two cars at once should dim the restaurant lights.

The exra pins are for control circuitry.
Eg Stops you driving the car off with the plug in the hole.
Shuts off power if plug is removed.
Etc.

They will never come into general use.
Not enough lithium
No power capacity for fast charge. Though maybe slow charge at home by
night.
Cost.

Proles will revert to train.

Nope, they will use LPG powered cars, you watch.