Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default OT-ish: "Powerwall" - will change the way the world uses energy

Which means in practice the car has to have
regular use and left on charge when not.

No. Means needs electronics to stop it being permanently flattened. The
optimal life for li-ion is stored at half charge

The handbook for my car says leave fully charged.
But never flat.

BTW, no sign of any degradation in my car battery yet.
I never rapid charge it though.