Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default OT Royal announcement

On 03/05/2015 06:39, harryagain wrote:
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
Huge writes:
On 2015-05-02, Bod wrote:
On 02/05/2015 13:24, Tim Watts wrote:
On 02/05/15 13:16, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message
Oh, more tax waste then?

Yes.

No - that tax waste was when Tony B Liar, elected no less, wasted ****
knows how much on 2 wars noone wanted.

Net benefit - everyone hates even more than you hate the South.

At least Buck House has arse loads of tourists swanning around outside
paying into our economy.

Yup and it's a fact that our Royal family generate far more money for
the UK than it costs each person in the UK.
62p per person per year to fund our Royal family. A bargain.

62p wasted.

Income to the exchequer from royal estates is around £260M/year.
15% of this is paid back to the royal family to fund their official
duties, including upkeep of the buildings/estates. (This replaced the
civil list payments and payments from various government departments
for things like royal travel which were abolished a few years ago.)

Policing, security, and other costs for royals are around £300M/year.

A normal year brings in around £500M of foreign tourist revenue
for royal events. In a year with a royal wedding, jubilee, birth, etc,
this figure exceeds £1B.

So, they are always significantly profitable for the UK, and in special
years, they are extremely profitable for the UK.

Please tell us how this has benefited the people who do not live in the
south.

Most of the governments tax income comes from the SE.
Which subsidises elsewhere.

Correct.