Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default OT Royal announcement

On 02/05/2015 22:31, alan_m wrote:
On 02/05/2015 13:45, Bod wrote:

Yup and it's a fact that our Royal family generate far more money for
the UK than it costs each person in the UK.
62p per person per year to fund our Royal family. A bargain.

Is it 62p? Have you seen the amount security that accompanies a Royal
when they turn up anywhere?

The same number of tourists would visit if we didn't have a Royal
Family. Chinese tourists appear to be bussed out on mass to out-of-town
retail outlets on trading estates.

Hmm!
"A new report today reveals that Buckingham Palace is the "dream"
activity for people in 15 out of 19 countries surveyed by tourist chiefs
at Visit Britain, including Australians, Americans, the Chinese,
Italians and the Mexicans."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-tourists.html