Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT - none of the above

"harryagain" wrote in message

"Davey" wrote in message
On 2 May 2015 10:01:09 GMT
David wrote:

I'm finding it very hard to select a candidate to vote for.

The choice of party might be slightly easier (though not as a
positive thing) but the local candidate obviously doesn't have an
effective media adviser and all the publicity photos scream "Don't
trust your child (or pet, or...) to this person!".

We don't have a "None of the Above" option on the ballot paper.

If I had started earlier (with the time, money, inclination) I could
have formed the None of the Above party.

No manifesto.
No promises at all of any kind.
No campaigning.
Just someone local with enough cash to pay the deposit and get the
party name on the ballot paper.

This would provide an avenue for a pure protest vote without having
to tick Monster Raving Loony and the like.

I haven't worked out yet what would happen should a party member be
elected, not how to police the "no manifesto, no campaigning" rule
but a small price to pay for real(ish) democracy.

Cheers

Dave R

PM in waiting.

Having seen the Green Party Manifesto, voting for them might have the
same pointless effect. Like most parties, they have some valid points,
but also some really nutball ideas, such as stopping all road
construction. But if only the Conservatives would take on that concept
and bin HS2, that would be a real vote-winner, and free up 50 billion
quid (or whatever the latest estimate is, especially if it goes to
Scotland, per the SNP' desire).
Just my view, of course.

UKIP wants to bin HS2.

But haven't got a hope in hell of getting enough MP
elected to have any say whatever on that, you watch.

So there you are.

Fraid not.