Sofie

Default Another Sony CCD-F recap question (seems easy)

an ESR meter will reveal the faulty electrolytics quickly and easily......
otherwise, substitution and replacement are your only viable troubleshooting
method.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Adrian" wrote in message
Hi there,

I have currently two problems with my CCD-F355E camcorder
with the famous VA-46 board and it's leaky caps. It is,
surprisingly, in quite good condition though the boards
have never seen a rework (yet ), recording is suberb,
has only minor playback problems:

1. distorted audio from RCA-jack, though audio from headphones-jack
is crystal-clear with absolutely no distortions (?!?):

I suspect C209 (47u, 6v) which is soldered right in front
of the audio RCA-output, there can't be much between the
good audio-signal of the headphones and the bad from
the RCA (if I only had a schematic of the VA-46), can there ?

2. intermittent color in playback only, direct picture from
camera-head is free from color-flickering, several
sources say C311 (1u, 50V)

tried to track bad caps with freeze spray already, no luck

any hints ?

regards,
adrian