Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

Default OTish; Laptops

On 02/05/15 12:15, Davey wrote:

In a nutshell! Although when I moved to Libre Office from Excel, I
found it to be more clunky. But it does all I need.

Agreed. I am no fan of MS office OR libre office.

The word processor is too feature full for most purposes and absurdly
quirky, and I now tend to use it just to generate plain text, and if I
want a well laid out doc use Scribus.

+1

The spreadsheets are also quirky at the UI level and unpleasant. I use
them as little as possible. Frank;y if UI have a complex job to do I
generally reach for a C compiler...

I prefer Gnumeric, just as quirky in its way, but the big advantage for
me is that I can cut-paste text tabbed or csv files into a sheet and it
will treat them as a table. Open/Libre Office tends to treat them as a
doc regardless.