Posted to uk.d-i-y
Capitol Capitol is offline

Default If the EU adopt this...

Adrian wrote:
On Sat, 02 May 2015 12:36:55 +0100, dave wrote:

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/04/20/a...s-car-repairs/

Could make life interesting. ;-)

Yes - then repairs to onea home, then repairs to anything, and ban DIY.
Vote Ukip - get some sanity back.

Umm, if both the EU and the US _do_ adopt something similar, what do you
think the chances of the car manufacturers making the official diagnostic
kit available to Joe Average in a non-EU-member UK are...?

As the UK are world leaders in engine management software, I don't
think we'll have any problems in doing it ourselves. My experience of
manufacturers diagnostic software is that it is pretty useless a lot of
the time, small loss.