Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default OT-ish: "Powerwall" - will change the way the world uses energy

On Sat, 02 May 2015 10:58:58 +0100
Nightjar "cpb"@ insert my surname here.me.uk wrote:

On 02/05/2015 10:49, Lobster wrote:
This gadget made the main headline of The Times today - here's a
non- paywalled-version from the Mail:

http://tinyurl.com/l3hlslv (or
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...la-set-reveal-
home-battery-Elon-Musk-unveil-power-pack-tonight-slash-electricity-
bills.html)

Quite surprised never to have heard of this before, especially
(AFAICS) in this ng.

Thoughts? Shall I go and buy a PowerWall then?!

If everybody starts storing electricity at a cheaper night rate, the
night rate won't stay cheap for long. However, it might provide a
useful standby supply when we start to run out of power because we
haven't been building nukes fast enough.

Now, if only somebody can come up with a domestic-sized nuclear power
generator, they might be on to something! What do they use for those
long-range satellites, like Voyager?

--
Davey.