Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT-ish: "Powerwall" - will change the way the world uses energy

On 02/05/2015 11:13, Bob Minchin wrote:
Lobster wrote:
This gadget made the main headline of The Times today - here's a non-
paywalled-version from the Mail:

Thoughts? Shall I go and buy a PowerWall then?!

NO

Once you factor in the replacement cost of batteries over time this is
not a viable scheme.

I agree. I can't see how it would be cheap or efficient for the
general population to buy and maintain vast numbers of these tiny,
shortlived units. It might be more sensible to build larger, more
durable buffer stores at local substations?